- Third Party: This policy covers legal liability for death or bodily injury to any other person and damage to other vehicles or property belonging to others.
- Third Party Fire & Theft: In addition to Third Party above, this policy covers loss of or damage to the vehicle as a result of fire or theft.
- Comprehensive: In addition to Third Party Fire and Theft cover above, this policy covers loss of or damage to the vehicle other than a result of fire or theft.
What To Do When You Are In An Accident
- Obtain names and addresses of the other parties involved as well as all witnesses.
- Report the accident to the Police within 24 hours.
- If your vehicle is disabled as a result of an accident and your insurance cover is “Comprehensive”, arrange for its removal to a safe place, for its protection.
- Do not sign an admission of liability until you have consulted us.
- Advise us at the earliest possible opportunity. Produce to the company your driver’s licence or the licence of the driver at the time of the accident.
- If your insurance cover is “comprehensive”, request your garage to forward promptly to us a detailed estimate of the cost of repairs. We will then arrange for an examination of the vehicle and, once satisfied, we’ll be in a position to offer you maximum assistance which, after all, is what you have paid for.
Be Prepared For Emergencies
In case of emergency you should always keep the following information in your vehicle:
- Your insurance ID card and vehicle registration
- Emergency contact number
- Medical card if you have a condition that requires special attention
- Pen, Paper, Flashlight, First-aid kit
- Jumper cables
- Disposable camera
- Cell phone